Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

                Practice what you preach!

There is something we all learnt as kids. “Practice makes a man perfect”. But on the contrary we all are told that no body is perfect! Confused?

We all have something that is very strong in us. But in awe of earning success and fame, we forget that we are loosing our capability to perform good in the dimension we are good at. There are a large number of hobbies that we enjoy as school going kids. But once we are grown ups, we forget that we had a passion that we no longer pursue. This is strange! None of us realize till the time we see others doing the same.

I remember as a kid I was trained in classical music for 6 years. I loved learning music. But as I grew up, there came a phase when I was shy to tell people that I am trained in classical music. Now when I look back to that time, I regret of not nurturing my passion. But I also realize I am not the only one. I am sure most of us have been through this phase. Why don’t we make a choice of choosing something that we like to do as a hobby?

I have come across many people who do not pursue what they like. A friend of mine shared her similar experience, “I was a table tennis player and represented my school and college at state level. I enjoyed playing the game and won may competitions. After I completed my masters, my parents told me that there is no carrier in table tennis. So I gave the sport without putting second thoughts on the game I loved to play. Now I feel jealous looking at the scope of the game especially after Commonwealth Games.”
 Many students these days opt for sports quota if they are good in sports. I would want the students to pursue their other hobbies as well because you will love doing what you like as your hobby. Be a librarian if you like reading books. Study fine arts, if you are good at sketching. But practice what you preach. You will love doing it. Don't be bothered about what others will say. i might not have become a good singer, but I pursued one job of writing creatively and that is what I am proudly doing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment